Tableau BI Consultant
(Consultant / Senior Consultant)
DT Consulting is a boutique Pharma/Life Sciences Advisory firm headquartered in London. The vision of DT Consulting is to become pharma’s go-to strategy consultancy in the Digital and Customer Experience Transformation space. Our core vision is that great customer (patient-healthcare professional-payer) experiences are not just a coincidence but purposefully crafted and backed by great organisations.
Across our Practices we support our clients by bringing together highly focused strategic consulting with best-in-class market & industry research. For our offices in Central London, UK or Bangalore, India, where the culture is casual, social, and international, and due to significant growth in projects involving quantitative data reporting in Tableau, we are actively growing the team and are therefore looking for an exceptional Tableau Business Intelligence Consultant (Consultant or Senior Consultant level) to serve as the Report Visualisation Lead.
You will be passionate about delivering best-in-class reporting including the generation of innovations in visualisation design (functionality and user interface design). Experience with pharma/life science research is not essential. The role offers an opportunity to lead and develop a team of analysts, whilst engaging with the Customer Experience (CX) and Digital Transformation (DX) consulting teams to ensure the report outputs are optimised for client delivery.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage a team of analysts (data and research) ensuring that the key activities and outputs for reporting deliverables for projects are achieved.
- Lead the design of key report visualisation templates, collaborating with the internal Visual Design team, consulting team and clients.
- Lead the development of a functional design process – taking the business requirement, designing the solution, presenting the solution to internal / external clients.
- Lead data-to-dashboard Quality Assurance (QA) / oversight of QA
- Document & transfer functional & visual design requirements to the Report Visualisation team, ensuring requirements fulfilment and conduct functional testing
- Design & oversee data reporting flows as required; this could include cloud publishing, refresh data flows, etc.
- Design and oversee data modelling including variables, measures, data granularity, etc.
- Ensure dataset QA prior to ingestion in Tableau.
- Reporting user & roles management for Tableau Cloud projects in scope.
DT Consulting offers you an exciting, differentiated, ahead-of-the-curve career experience in a high performance, high growth, boutique life science consultancy. We have created a meritocratic culture in a global ecosystem which positively influences performance and nurtures talent.
- 5-8 years in a relevant Business Intelligence role, possibly within an agency / consultancy environment.
- Tableau expertise is essential, additional PowerBI/Data Visualisation skills are an advantage.
- Deep expertise in data visualisation, management and analysis.
- Experience in engaging with business stakeholders; strategic consultants, research consultants, clients.
- An ability to transfer business needs into requirements and to proactively offer and recommend a variety of approaches and solutions for report visualisation.
- Experience in mentoring, coaching, managing junior data analysts.
- Experience running a team of data analysts is an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Mathematics or Statistics, Social Sciences, Business, or Marketing.
- Strategic thinker with a can-do, positive attitude.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and spoken.
- A natural ability to work autonomously within a global team.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritise, coordinate and manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Life sciences experience is an advantage, but not a requirement.
Why join us?
DT Consulting has a casual, social, and international culture, with a focus on achieving excellence as an integral member of the team in a flexible and inclusive environment.
- We are growing rapidly due to business wins – opportunities to make impact abound!
- We champion work-life balance – you do your best work when you have your proper time off and flexibility to attend to your family and personal needs.
- Very much strategic advisory type consulting… no bureaucracy, no politics.
- Market leading salary and benefits package, with strong bonus possibility
- Excellent career progression opportunities and the ability to make a difference to our business and our clients’ business from day one.
- Diverse, inclusive, collaborative, and respectful… just have a look at who we’ve hired for proof.
Our home offices are in London, UK, Princeton, US and Bangalore, India, but you may visit clients around the world. This role does not involve long periods working at a single client site. International travel can take up a small, ad-hoc amount of your time. A position at DT Consulting means you have flexibility to organise your days. Candidates must be eligible to work in the relevant location.
DT Consulting is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, or any other characteristic where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with British law.
Tableau BI Consultant (Consultant / Senior Consultant)
London, United Kingdom or Bangalore, India